AMS Restructure and AMS Apply Changes
February 5, 2021
KINGSTON, ON – This past year, the AMS team has collectively worked on proposals to change internal operations of the organization. This release aims to highlight the approved restructure as well as changes that have been made to AMS apply effective for this hiring season.
Applications for Senior Management positions for the 2021-2022 school year are now open. If you wish to view available positions or apply, click here.
AMS APPLY CHANGES
- Applicants are now able to choose their own interview times. This allows flexibility for applicants to choose times that they know will work with their schedules, and it also saves times for hiring panels as they no longer have to schedule each individual interview with possible room for error.
- All notes are being taken digitally and securely on AMS Apply, rather than on paper. This is due to the remote setting COVID-19 has forced on us, as well as following the AMS’ commitment to sustainability.
- The AMS has implemented the practice of no-name applications. This is to foster a more equitable hiring environment for all applicants.
- In addition, applications will be scored from 1-5 following a rubric. Scored applications allow applicants additional ways to showcase their strengths and are mandatory to be read before each interview panel.
- Finally, we have restructured the general AMS Apply application questions. These have been optimized to give applicants the space to go into detail about the qualities they possess.
APPROVED AMS RESTRUCTURE CHANGES
Human Resources Office:
- Addition of a permanent Human Resources Officer position to support the student Director and the overall management of the office
Environmental Sustainability Commission:
- Increase the Commissioner of Environmental Sustainability’s hours and salary for the 2021-2022 school year, effective May 1st, 2021, to a 12-month 35 hour per week position
- Add Deputy of Environmental Justice
Social Issues Commission:
- Reinstate the Internal Equity Affairs Manager – waged at 15 hours per week
- Addition of an External Equity Affairs Manager – waged at 15 hours per week
External Affairs Commission:
- Rename Academic Grievance Centre Manager to the Academic Affairs Manager and increase hours to 15 per week
- Add Government Affairs Manager – waged at 15 hours per week
- Add Clubs Outreach Deputy position
- Add Clubs Communications Assistant position – waged at 10 hours per week
- Add Graphic Designer position – waged at 10 hours per week
- Add WeChat Deputy position
- Increase the Chief Electoral Officer’s weekly hours and extend the contract to 8-months
The Queen’s Journal:
- Add a Social Media Coordinator volunteer position
- Add a Podcast Coordinator volunteer position
- Senior Lifestyle Editor – waged at 20 hours per week
- Senior Arts Editor – waged at 20 hours per week
- Senior Sports Editor – waged at 20 hours per week
- Senior Video Editor – waged at 20 hours per week
- Senior Photo Editor – waged at 15 hours per week
Student Life Centre:
- Adjusted the SLC Marketing Assistant Manager as a 12-month position – to 25 hours per week
- Adjusted the SLC Outreach Assistant Manager as an 8.5-month position – to 15 hours per week
- Add 3 office/portfolio hours for Walkhome Supervisors per week
AMS Food Bank:
- Separate the Foodbank from the Social Issues Commission and rebrand it as a new AMS Service and rename the head manager position to Foodbank Head Manager – this position reports directly to the Vice President (Operations)
- Establish two Service Staff as 15 hours per week waged positions under the AMS Food Bank
Message from Jared, Alexandra, and Alexia:
We are so excited to see these changes come to fruition after months of planning and preparing. Thank you to our incredible team for all their hard work on researching and developing these meaningful proposals. These changes are a great step towards ensuring the AMS is a more efficient, equitable, and productive organization!
If you have any questions regarding our restructure, you can contact Jared den Otter at . If you wish to apply to any of the positions listed above, please click here.