Appointment of Vice President (University Affairs)
KINGSTON, ON – Today, Kanivanan Chinniah, the President, and Kyle Beaudry, the Vice President (Operations), appointed Sarah Letersky, ArtSci ’16, as the Vice President (University Affairs) with immediate effect.
The decision was taken in light of the pressing need to have a replacement for the vacant position of Vice President (University Affairs) before the beginning of the school year. The Executive has worked hard to obtain endorsement from all members of Assembly on this course of action. The Executive has also consulted with AMS Council and Officers, in particular AMS Commissioners, and were met with widespread support for Sarah’s appointment.
- Sarah Letersky, ArtSci ’16, served as the President of the Student Government at the Bader International Study Centre (BISC) in 2012-13. She interned in the office of Thomas Pritchard, the Vice President (University Affairs), in 2013-14. She was the Student Life Centre Administration Manager in 2014-15. She currently serves as the Human Resources Officer for the Alma Mater Society.
- The Executive has also engaged in a wide consultation with the members of Assembly for the past week, which resulted in a letter of support signed by more than two-thirds of Assembly members.
- AMS Assembly will retain the right to ratify the appointment in the Assembly meeting of September 24, 2015.
- Due to this, Sarah Letersky has tendered her resignation as Human Resources Officer effective immediately. An update will follow in the coming days with regards to future steps.
- Sarah Letersky will complete a full transition for the new Human Resources Officer
- Catherine Wright, the outgoing Vice President (University Affairs), will transition Sarah Letersky into the role in the coming weeks.
“The past few weeks have not been easy for us and we are very fortunate to have a strong team, across all levels of the AMS, which we can rely on. Their hard work has been an invaluable asset to us while we navigate through this difficult situation.”
— Kanivanan Chinniah, President
“As the school year begins, our first priority is to ensure that the AMS continues to deliver its programs and services that students rely on year after year. To that end, we are confident that Sarah’s appointment takes into account the best interests of AMS members and the Society moving forward.”
— Kyle Beaudry, Vice President (Operations)
“I am incredibly humbled by the opportunity to serve students as Vice President (University Affairs). I look forward to joining Kyle and Kanivanan in continuing the progress made thus far in this impactful role.”
— Sarah Letersky, Vice President (University Affairs)