12 Fun Things You Can Do With Student CarShare
Welcome back! Make sure to check out some of the fun activities in the surrounding Kingston area, and let Student CarShare help you get there.
With car sharing, getting outside and exploring is easier than ever. Student Car Share is a car sharing service that enables students 18+ with a G2 license to rent cars by the hour or day – starting at $6 an hour with gas and insurance included!
Here are 12 fun things you can do with a Student CarShare vehicle:
- Visit Wolfe Island. Whether going in the Fall for the Autumn Corn Maze or during the Summer to the beach at Big Sandy Bay, having a car makes getting to and exploring Wolfe Island much more enjoyable!
- Go to a movie. Since the movie theatre downtown closed, getting to a movie can be difficult and expensive. With Student Car Share, you can grab a car and a couple of friends and catch the latest movies at Cineplex Gardiners Road.
- Shopping at the Cataraqui Centre. Getting bored of the shops on Princess? The Cataraqui Centre has lots of stores to explore. Plus, on a cold day, it’s a great way to get there, wander around and not have to be outside.
- Putt in Blast! Want to relive your childhood? Putt In Blast is a fun place where you can go play laser tag and mini golf. Bonus, there a great sushi place next door! puttnblast.com
- Road trip! Whether you are going home for the weekend or going to visit a few friends at another school, train tickets for a group of people can get expensive. Grab a Student CarShare car and you can cut cost and make some great memories along the way.
- Grocery shopping. Nobody likes carrying home heavy groceries and cabbing to and from stores can get expensive. Grabbing a car for an hour makes grocery shopping much easier. Plus, if you go on Loblaws on Tuesday, your student discount could cover the cost of the car. What do you have to lose?
- Go to the Drive In Theatre. In the mood for some old-school fun? When the weather is nice, head over to the Kingston Drive In Theatre. They also have go-carting, mini-putt and more! http://www.funworldpark.com/drive-in.php
- Visit the 1000 Islands. Kingston is located very close to the 1000 Islands, a picturesque area with lots of natural attractions and activities. Grab a few friends for the day and see what this gorgeous neighbor of ours has to offer http://www.1000islandstourism.com/
- Visit the Penitentiary Museum. Ever wondered what life is like inside a prison? Visit Canada’s Penitentiary Museum and learn about what it is like in our federal correction system. http://www.penitentiarymuseum.ca/default/
- Explore Fort Henry. Fort Henry is a military base dating back to 1832. Take the day to explore all the Fort has to offer and learn more about the incredibly rich history of the city of Kingston. http://www.forthenry.com/index.cfm/en/home/
- Go apple picking. Embrace one of the best activities of Fall and pick-your-own at Waddell Apples Orchard and Bakery. Go with friends and check out over 5 acres of trees at an orchard that dates back to 1940! http://www.waddellapples.com/
- Try rock climbing! The Boiler Room is home to Canada’s highest indoor climb and offers various walls that can be enjoyed by everyone. Whether going just to have some fun, or are trying to find a new hobby, the Boiler Room will provide you with everything you need to make your visit memorable! http://www.climbinggym.ca/
These are just a few of the many things Kingston has to offer. With Student Car Share, you can do all of these things and so much more! Register online at studentcarshare.ca.
Where would you go in a Student Car Share vehicle?
Get a Free $75 Student Car Share membership on behalf of the AMS and check out these 12 super fun trip ideas!
Register using the promo code: AMS by Friday, September 12 at 11:59 at www.studentcarshare.ca/ams. Adventure awaits 🙂