Job Posting - Queen's Journal Administrative Assistant (Permanent Staff)
March 20, 2012
The Queen's Journal is looking for someone to ensure the smooth functioning of its business office. The Journal needs a permanent staff members to work in a vibrant student environment with talented young journalists at one of Canada's oldest student newspapers.
- Report to the Editor(s)-in-Chief and the Business Manager
- Ensure correct placement and billing of advertisements
- Co-ordinate distribution of every print issue, maintaining relationships with the Journal's prinet and distribution staff
- Manage the Journal's front-of-house, acting as the first point of contact for advertisers, students, staff and community members
- Act as a familiar presence for advertising clients amid yearly turnover of student editors and business staff
Required skills include:
- Communication and personal skills
- Time management and organization skills
- General accounting skills
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, etc.)
- General experience with office IT - computers, fax, copy
Additional skills include:
- Previous experience with the Kingston business community
- Understanding of web management
- Experience in customer service environment
This is a salaried position with excellent benefits and vacation package. The position is full-time during the academic year and part-time during the summer.
Please submit a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information call 613-533-2800.